Marketing is the act of telling stories about the things we make — stories that sell and stories that spread. – Seth Godin. Tribes (2008)
Dig deeper into Seth’s work …
Follow these threads in his work, filtered through the lens of story…
Start the way we did and choose your rabbit hole.
Don’t just tell me the facts, tell me a story instead.
Tell your story to people who are inclined to believe it.
Marketing is powerful. Use it wisely.
Live the lie.
From All Marketers are Liars, Seth Godin.
Jump right to Seth’s thinking …
On Art | On Assets | On Attention | On Authenticity | On Average | On Branding | On Challenging Yourself | On Cliche | On Comic Books (and life) | On Criticism | On Foundations | On Humans | On Ideaviriuses | On Intangibles | On Leadership | On Marketing | On Mythology | On Niching | On Oxymorons | On Permission | On Pricing | On Selling | On Storytelling | On Your Story | On Tension | On True Lies
Seth’s books have been a huge influence on me and the businesses I’ve built. I earn affiliate payments through Amazon … but I promise to spend them frivolously. For a full list, check out Seth’s website.
- Permission Marketing (1999) – Seth Godin
- Unleashing the Ideavirus (2000) – Seth Godin
- Purple Cow (2003)- Seth Godin
- Free Prize Inside (2004) – Seth Godin
- All Marketers are Liars (2005) – Seth Godin
- Small Is The New Big (2006) – Seth Godin
- The Dip (2007) – Seth Godin
- Meatball Sundae (2008) – Seth Godin
- Tribes (2008) – Seth Godin
- Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? (2010) – Seth Godin
- Poke the Box (2011) – Seth Godin
- We Are All Weird (2011) – Seth Godin
- The Icarus Deception: How High Will You Fly? (2012) – Seth Godin
- V Is for Vulnerable: Life Outside the Comfort Zone (2012) – Seth Godin
- Whatcha Gonna Do with That Duck?: And Other Provocations (2013) – Seth Godin
- What To Do When It’s Your Turn (and it’s always your turn) (2014) – Seth Godin
- This Is Marketing: You Can’t Be Seen Until You Learn To See (2018) – Seth Godin
- The Practice: Shipping Creative Work (2020) – Seth Godin
Or choose a path towards stories that mean business.
Start your journey into the art and science of business storytelling. The rabbit hole goes way deeper than you think.
The Business Storytelling Glossary lists the concepts, ideas and definitions that use in my work. Your mileage will vary.
Leverage the simple power of storytelling, simplicity and momentum.