REMEMBER TO UN-UNFOLLOW
- Simplicity wins
- Pull beats push
- Long term thinking
- Rhythm matters
- Small builds big
- Plug-Hole Project Management
Three core samples – from Peter Kaufman (references in The Great Mental Models):
- In-organic-systems – 13.8 billion years (math, physics, the entire physical universe)
- Organic Systems – 3.5 billion years old (biology)
- Human history – say 20,000 years of recorded human behaviour.
You need multi-disciplinary thinking (e.g.)
- Engineers think about systems
- Psychologists think about incentives
- Entrepreneurs think about profit and opportunity cost.
- Army commander – strategically
- Act in their own self-interest (although altruism is reciprocal to an extent).
- Prefer to work less.
- Prioritise losses over gains.